Associate Dean (Research), Presidential Chair Professor
Ph.D. Scientific Computing, Stanford University, 1993
B.S. Mathematics, Fudan University, 1984
Prof. Hongyuan ZHA is the Presidential Chair Professor at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. Besides, he is currently on leave from Georgia Institute of Technology, where he is a professor at College of Computing.
Prof. Hongyuan Zha received his B.S. degree in mathematics from Fudan University in Shanghai in 1984, and his Ph.D. in scientific computing from Stanford University in 1993. He was a faculty member of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Pennsylvania State University from 1992 to 2006, and he worked at Inktomi Corporation from 1999 to 2001. His current research interest lies in machine learning.
1. Y. Zhu, Z. Wang, H. Zha and D. Gao. Boundary-Eliminated Pseudoinverse Linear Discriminant for Imbalanced Problems. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2017.
2. C. Li, F. Wei, J. Yan, X. Zhang, Q. Liu and H. Zha. A Self-Paced Regularization Framework for Multilabel Learning. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2017.
3. L. Lan, K. Zhang, H. Ge, W. Cheng, J. Liu, A. Rauber, X.L. Li, J. Wang and H. Zha. Low-rank decomposition meets kernel learning: A generalized Nystrom method. Artificial Intelligence, 250:1-15, 2017.
4. X. Wang, W. Zhang, J. Yan, X. Yuan and Hongyuan Zha. On the exibility of block coordinate descent for large-scale optimization. Neurocomputing, 2017.
5. L. Li and Hongyuan Zha. Energy Usage Behavior Modeling in Energy Disaggregation via Hawkes Processes. ACM Transactions